Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Stone Soup


Yesterday, a group of us met at Freedom Park for a session to make "stone soup", and to explore some rice mixed with crystals, rocks, and a few geodes. The group was larger than I had expected. I was thrilled that so many children came. On the other hand, it made me realize that I need to set a cap on the number of children attending since I'm limited in the amount of materials I can bring to the park.

As always, the children fascinated me. They seemed to really enjoy dumping their soup ingredients into the pot and stirring it all up. They crowded around the rice bin and were quiet as they scooped and poured and discovered the hidden gems.

I am really looking forward to the next session on Tuesday the 2nd, when I will bring so much more for the children to discover, including butterflies, flowers, crystals, glass containers, wood, sparkling balls, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment